Re: [mythsoc] The Hidden Treasure of Glaston

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 19, 2000
      I've ordered a number of things from Ignatius Press, including all the
      volumes currently available of the complete works of Chesterton. They do
      some interesting books. However, one word of warning. If you get on their
      mailing list, they will sell your name and address, and every group in the
      country that markets toward conservative Catholics will write you. Expect to
      get newsletters from groups that think that Pope John XXIII is burning in
      hell for what he did at Vatican II.

      Wendell Wagner
    • Stolzi@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 19, 2000
        In a message dated 4/19/00 7:16:36 PM Central Daylight Time,
        bernip@... writes:

        > Their catalog says "Shop Online
        > at www.ignatius.com."

        It lies, however. At least I couldn't make it work when I tried, and I'm
        pretty experienced at web-shopping.

        The daisiest piece of Roman Catholic junkmail I got, Wendell, was a series of
        mailings featuring shots of a nun on a snowmobile with the slogan "Help Keep
        Sister on the Trail." That is, help keep Sister out there in Alaska
        converting the locals away from their ancestral religion, which happens to be
        mine - Eastern Orthodoxy.

        Mary S
      • Matthew Winslow
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 20, 2000
          Stolzi@... [Stolzi@...] wrote:
          > > Their catalog says "Shop Online
          > > at www.ignatius.com."
          >
          > It lies, however. At least I couldn't make it work when I tried, and I'm
          > pretty experienced at web-shopping.

          It works, Mary. I just ordered a volume of Chesterton.

          "Now is the winter of our discount tent."
          --Red Green
          Currently reading: Mozart by Peter Gay
        • Stolzi@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 20, 2000
            In a message dated 4/20/00 9:59:00 AM Central Daylight Time,
            mwinslow@... writes:

            > It works, Mary. I just ordered a volume of Chesterton.

            I was trying to order a video out of their paper catalog, and couldn't make
            it come up any way I tried!

            Mary S