Kazantzakis question

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2005
      Hi all,

      Too many years ago I read Nikos Kazantzakis' Life of Christ (you may recall
      it got turned into a controversial (of course) movie). Jesus was in the
      habit of seeing this visionary thing, a bronze creature with I believe bird
      attributes. It puzzled me terribly but did not interfere with my enjoyment
      of the book. Now it occurs to me, there may be a few standard or canonical
      thoughts on the subject. Does anyone know what that character was supposed
      to be and why it was portrayed that way?

      thanks,

      Lizzie

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...