Tolkien items from Thornton's

  • Ted Sherman
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2000
      Look at the goodies that Thorton's of Oxford has:

      From: "Thornton's Staff" <Thorntons@...>
      To: tsherman
      Our revamped 2nd website also includes the updated <<Tolkien and
      friends >>lists
      at www.thorntonsbooks.co.uk both as a catalogue and separately
      with a secure ordering system.

      Please link this to your site(s)

      TOLKIEN, JRR., INGLIS, Rob (reader) . The Hobbit A complete
      reading of
      this classic on 10 CD's. The CDs are track marked for your
      convenience.
      The complete recording takes 11 hours and 15 minutes to play.
      GBP 21.95
      {+ VAT for UK customers}

      TOLKIEN, JRR., INGLIS, Rob (reader)., . The Lord of the Rings
      This
      complete reading on 46 CD's takes 51 hours and 38 minutes to
      complete.
      Each CD is marked for your convenience. The work divided into
      each of
      the three volumes and the complete set is cased in a
      presentation box
      with gold lettering and Sauron's eye surmounted by the ring also
      in
      gold. GBP 109.00
      { + VAT for UK customers}

      FLIEGER, Verlyn., HOSTETTER, Carl. F., . Tolkien's Legendarium
      Essays
      on The History of Middle - Earth. Contents include:Rayner Unwin:
      Early
      Days of Elder Days; C. Scull The Development of Tolkien's
      Legendarium;
      WG Hammond: A Continuing & Evolving Creation; C.E. Node: On the
      Constructions of The Silmarillion; D.Bratman: The Literary value
      of
      Middle Earth;C Gilson: Gnomish Is Sindarin; P.Wayne & Carl
      Hostetter:
      Three Elvish Verse Modes;JE Chritopher: Tolkien's Lyric Poetry;
      PE
      Thomas: Some of Tolkien's Narrators: JD Rateliff: The Lost Road;
      Burns: Gandalf & Odin; RC West: Turin's Ofemod; DA Anderson:
      Christopher
      Tolkien: A Bibliography. xvi, 274pp. bound. ~ 46.95

      Serbian editions:

      1. Gospodar prstenova - J.R.R Tolkien
      (The Lord of the Rings, )
      - Book I - The Fellowship of the Ring
      - Book II - The Two Towers
      - Book III - The Return of the King )...GBP 65.00

      2. Farmer Gil od Buta - J.R.R Tolkien
      ( Farmer Giles of Ham).........GBP 18.00

      3. Kovac iz Velikog Vutona GBP 18.00
      ( Smith of Wootton Mayor)

      4. Tumaralo - J.R.R Tolkien
      ( Roverandom)........GBP 18.00

      5. Avanture Toma Bombadila i drugi stihovi iz Crvene knjige -
      J.R.R
      Tolkien ( The Adventures of Tom Bombadil )...GBP 18.50

      Rayner Unwin. Allen & Unwin, a remembrancer. 200 copies
      published only.
      cloth in d/j GBP 35.00
      this book obviously includes a substantial section devoted to
      Tolkien

      Our special offer for all the current 5 folio society editions
      is still
      valid: all 5 volumes for GBP 125.00 (details on above website)
      OUR SPECIAL Millennium OFFERS:

      JRR Tolkien: Lord of the Rings/the Hobbit/the Silmarillion
      Folio society bibliophile edn., 5 volumes GBP 125.00 + post.

      Ernest Hemingway Complete works in full leather, 20 volumes
      Volume 1 now out at GBP 55.00

      CD-ROM editions Encyclopedia Britannica and OED - ask for our
      special offers

      Are you on our electronic mailing list yet ?

      ** THORNTON'S OF OXFORD LTD -
      ** Booksellers and Publishers since 1835 **
      ** Members of the ABA since 1907 ** 11-12 Broad Street - Oxford
      - OX1 3AR - United Kingdom Tel:
      (0)1865 242 939 Fax: (0)1865 204 021 E-MAIL:
      Thorntons@... ********
      Terms: All major credit cards accepted .

      <http://www.demon.co.uk/thorntons

      Ted
      --
      Dr. Theodore James Sherman, Editor
      Mythlore: A Journal of J. R. R. Tolkien, C. S. Lewis, Charles Williams