Cold Spring Press RE: [mythsoc] Joy, great joy

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2005
      Wow.... sounds like a good product line, one to watch the way I used to
      look for the yellow spines (DAW) and the unicorn head-in-a-circle
      (Ballantine Adult Fantasy). Can I look for these at booksellers to see
      them and more in real, you know, to touch them and browse them? Amazon is
      great but it does have its limitations.

      I should look up Cold Spring Press. I have heard of them, and it's
      probably too much to hope that they are out of the Cold Spring that is only
      twenty to thirty minutes from here.

      best,

      Lizzie

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
      www.lizziewriter.com
      www.danburymineralogicalsociety.org

      LUD-IN-THE-MIST at our local Borders. It's the latest from Cold Spring
      Press, who have already given us Kenneth Morris's THE BOOK OF THREE DRAGONS
      and a number of books on Tolkien and will soon grace us with Wm Hope
      Hodgson, among others. Horray! The book comes with a brief foreword by Neil
      Gaiman and a brief introduction by Doug Anderson.
      > If you haven't read this one before, I highly recommend it: it makes
      my top ten list. If you have, like us you might consider picking up the new
      edition as a loaner copy to help introduce others to Mirrlees's work and to
      help encourage Cold Spring Press to keep up the good work.

    • dianejoy@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2005
        Do these folk have a Web site? It would be helpful if they did. I have
        the Ballantine version of *Lud-in-the-Mist* and still remember bits from
        it; alas, as age and shadows rise, my memory fails. ---djb

        Wow.... sounds like a good product line, one to watch the way I used to
        look for the yellow spines (DAW) and the unicorn head-in-a-circle
        (Ballantine Adult Fantasy). Can I look for these at booksellers to see
        them and more in real, you know, to touch them and browse them? Amazon is
        great but it does have its limitations.

        I should look up Cold Spring Press. I have heard of them, and it's
        probably too much to hope that they are out of the Cold Spring that is only
        twenty to thirty minutes from here.

        best,

        Lizzie

        Elizabeth Apgar Triano