Re: [mythsoc] [Fwd: Summer Study in Oxford]

  • LSolarion@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 16, 2000
      In a message dated 04/12/2000 5:21:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      WendellWag@... writes:

      <<
      Have any of you read any of the continuations of _The Screwtape Letters_
      written by other authors? I've read three of them, and they all stink.
      They
      consist of the authors whining about how they don't like someone else's
      politics. They make you appreciate what a good writer Lewis was. He wrote
      about sins that anyone, and especially Lewis himself, could commit.

      I have only read one, and I agree with Wendell's opinion. Lewis wrote on at
      least two occasions that he didn't believe in lecturing others on how to
      resist temptations to which he himself was not subject. It would be an easier
      world for evangelization (not to mention other things) if more Christians
      followed his advice. (And yes, moralizing is a temptation of mine, as this
      notice in itself will attest. Quite a nice bundle of paradoxes, eh?)