Re: Can we please get back to literature and related culture? Re: [mythsoc] R...

  • jamcconney@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2005
      Thanks for your kind words, Elizabeth, and I totally agree. Let's get back
      to myth, literature and culture!

      Anne

    • Carl F. Hostetter
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 28, 2005
        Who, exactly, has departed from either literature or culture in this
        discussion about Lewis and his literary criteria and his times (vs.
        ours)? I must have blinked and missed it.

        Or do you mean to say that any discussion of abortion and euthanasia,
        even when done in the context of Our Three Authors, is out-of-bounds
        for this list? If so, I must have blinked and missed that statement in
        the list guidelines.

        And if that is the case, why is, for example, feminism and the role of
        the feminine (and criticisms thereof) in Lewis and Tolkien fair game,
        but abortion and euthanasia in the same context not? Is feminism
        somehow a "blessed" topic for this list? If so, then again I must have
        blinked and missed that statement in the list guidelines.

        I guess we'll all have to start asking in advance whether it's okay to
        discuss this or that topic in connection with The Three, lest we
        offend.