Re: [mythsoc] Joy, great joy

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 28, 2005
      John - want to talk about why you love Lud-in-the-Mist so? I found it
      overly coy and sugary myself.

      DB
    • Rateliff, John
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 28, 2005
        Yesterday my wife picked up the new edition of Hope Mirrlees' LUD-IN-THE-MIST at our local Borders. It's the latest from Cold Spring Press, who have already given us Kenneth Morris's THE BOOK OF THREE DRAGONS and a number of books on Tolkien and will soon grace us with Wm Hope Hodgson, among others. Horray! The book comes with a brief foreword by Neil Gaiman and a brief introduction by Doug Anderson.
        If you haven't read this one before, I highly recommend it: it makes my top ten list. If you have, like us you might consider picking up the new edition as a loaner copy to help introduce others to Mirrlees's work and to help encourage Cold Spring Press to keep up the good work.
        I wish this list discussed books like this.

      • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 28, 2005
          Interesting to see on amazon that this book is recommended for me because
          of my interest in The Worm Ouroboros and one of the Woods (Well at the
          Worlds End or Wood Beyond the World, now I can't recall) books.

          We can discuss it if someone starts the discussion. But I guess a few more
          of us should read it first... so far we have one pro and one con vote?

          Lizzie

          Elizabeth Apgar Triano
          lizziewriter@...
          amor vincit omnia