Re: [mythsoc] [Fwd: Summer Study in Oxford]

  • Madame K
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2000
      >From: WendellWag@...
      >

      >Have any of you read any of the continuations of _The Screwtape Letters_
      >written by other authors? I've read three of them, and they all stink.
      >They
      >consist of the authors whining about how they don't like someone else's
      >politics. They make you appreciate what a good writer Lewis was. He wrote
      >about sins that anyone, and especially Lewis himself, could commit.
      >
      >Wendell Wagner

      I recently read "The Soulbane Stratagem" by Norman Jetmundsen, wherein a
      university student discovers Screwtape-type reports on the state of the
      world. The demonic letters are interesting, but they don't have the power
      of the originals because they are overviews rather than the details of the
      battle for an individual soul. Unfortunately, I found the story line, which
      might have made up for this deficiency, to be thin, with bland characters.

      Has anyone else read this? It's not easy to come by on this side of the
      Pond. It was available from Amazon.com, UK division, and a total of 2
      libraries in the US inter-library loan system as of 3/13/00.

      Mary Jo Kapsalis