Writers Conferences and so on

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20 10:20 AM
      Hi all,

      I'm not having a lot of luck. I know I used to attend writer's
      conferences, seminars, short courses, stuff like that, ten years ago and
      more. I am looking for something along the lines of a long weekend or four
      weekdays, something like that, either with a specific theme or the
      mechanics of writing and rewriting. As I've gotten older I seem to be
      getting pickier about how I use my time, so there are more events that I
      can review and decide they won't be a good fit, but there should still be
      some within a few hours' drive.

      In college I took a weekend crash course reading Chaucer's Troilus and
      Cressyde (sp). After college I went on retreats at monasteries (including
      one with Madeleine L'Engle) and conferences about manuscript mechanics
      (formatting, the submission process, etc.). I've even been to the Omega
      Institute in Rhinebeck. There should be no end of opportunities. Where am
      I not looking?

      PS I hope this post gets through OK. I just switched virus protection
      software and am having some "issues".

      thanks,

      Lizzie

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano