FW: Writers Conference April 29 & 30, early bird registration applies now

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2005
      I guess I better turn the mail back on. Anyone think this sounds good? I think it might.

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
      www.lizziewriter.com
      www.danburymineralogicalsociety.org

      Date: April 29 - 30, 2005
      Time: All day
      Price: 2-days: $295.00, one-day: $195.00
      And if you register before March 31st you just pay $245.00!!.
      Up to date SPC members get an addtional 10% discount

      Phone: 212/764-7021 for more details
      Fax: 212/354-5365
      Email: smallpress@...
      Website: http://smallpress.org/events/workshops/first_writers_conference.asp
      You'll learn how to: draft a winning book proposal; find out which agents are seeking new clients; discover what editors are looking for; and much more.
      Partial List of Panelists
      Editors/Publishing Houses:
      Simon & Schuster (Ryan Harbage)
      Crown (Carrie Thornton)
      Random House (Jonathan Karp)
      WW Norton (BobWeil)
      Grove/Atlantic Monthly (Brando Skyhorse)
      Scribners/Simon & Schuster (Brant Rumble)
      Crown (Rachel Klayman)
      Little Brown (Michael Mezzo)
      Warner Books (Les Pockell)
      Soft Scull (Richard Eoin Nash)
      John Wily & Sons
      Authors:
      Mary Higgins Clark
      Michael Connelly
      Rona Jaffe
      Patrick McGrath.
      Literary Agents
      James Fitzgerald (James Fitzgerald Agency)
      Kim Goldstein (Susan Golomb Literary Agency)
      Jeff Herman (The Jeff Herman Agency)
      Jake Elwell (Elwell and Weiser)
      Marcy Posner, Marcy Posner Literary Agency
      Katherine Sands, Sarah Jane Freymann Literary Agency

      Author Organizations
      PEN
      Poets & Writers
      The Authors Guild
      Mystery Writers of America
      Romance Writers of America
      Society of Childrens Book Authors & Illustrators
      Media
      CBS-TV Morning Show
      USA Today
      Publishers Weekly
      Salon
      www.mediabistro.com
      The Onion
      Special Events!
      Director's Screening of The Stone Reader (Friday 7:00 - 10:00 PM).
      HOW TO REGISTER
      Call (212) 764-7021
      Email: smallpress@...

      Visit: http://www.smallpress.org