Re: [mythsoc] Re: Sacramento?

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 18, 2005
      Lizzie -

      The gold was all gone from them thar hills 150 years ago, but some of the
      miners' colorful old settlements are still around. Look for state highway
      49 (get it?) on the map: that's the mining trail, and the towns along it
      are the ones you want to see. Take your dramamine: them's twisty roads.

      At least one major fantasy writer came from those parts: Clark Ashton Smith
      lived most of his life in Auburn, the town where hwy 49 hits the main
      freeway, I-80, out of Sacramento. There's a plaque in his honor, but I
      don't know of anything else relating to him that one may visit.

      DB