Re: Andre Norton has died

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 18, 2005
      I began re-reading Witch World when I heard she entered Hospice...

      Her writing stands up well, a crisp angular writing style that
      exhibits a certain toughness like a coltrane solo...taking its own
      route rather than what is easy for the narrative...and that was 30
      years ago.

      She was indeed the Grand Dame for many of us. There are certain
      passages where I can feel the gloom of Lake Erie in her
      work...redeeming it a bit for those of us still living here.

      My generation was lucky to have her all these years...

      Steve