Help on a C S Lewis Dissertation

  • Ted Sherman
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6 6:29 AM
      I am no longer on the MereLewis list or I would send this there. But if any of you
      can answer this person's question, please send me the information and I'll pass it
      along, attributing it to you. Or you can send it directly to the doctoral student
      in Poland (his email address is at the end of the forwarded message).

      "Kozakiewioz, Maria" wrote:

      > Dear Dr Sherman,
      > <snip>
      > Right now my friend is double checking his footnotes and page references.
      > He did all his research in Canada where the recources are plenty, even if
      > you need library loans to get hold of all the books you need. Now, in
      > Poland, he is hopelessly stuck with one reference and the time is running
      > out.
      > We do not have the book in Edmonton either and it would be weeks before I
      > could get it. That is why I am trying the net - it is a rather desparate
      > solution, I must admit.
      > The book is by Lyanne Payne, Real Presence. The Christian Worlview
      > of C.S.Lewis as Incarnational Reality. Crossway Books, Wheaton, Illinois
      > 1988, page 32, no 8. She quotes C S Lewis and either does not give the
      > reference to the actual text by C S Lewis or my friend failed to take note of
      > it. It may have been taken from a first edition of "That Hideous Strength",
      > but however wide he searched in the Cosmic Trilogy he never found the
      > quote.
      > <snip>
      > Both I and my friend will be very, very grateful.
      > If you'd prefer to write to him directly, his name is Rev. Jacek Dunin-
      > Borkowski and e-mail is jdb@...
      > Sincerely ( and fuull of hope) ,
      > Maria Kozakiewicz,
      > GrantMac Ewan College,
      > Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

      Again, if any of you have this book and can locate the footnote and send me the
      information, I'll pass it along; or you can send the information directly to
      jdb@...

      Thanks,

      Ted
      --