Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 1840

  • David Lenander
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2005
      My recollection is that Pat McKillip also cited CSL in her goh talk at
      Mythcon in IL. I vaguely remember being surprised that she focused
      more on CSL than on JRRT--or maybe I'm confused, it was quite a few
      years ago. Pullman may be the most influenced, even if in reaction
      against. It would be worth asking Diane Duane, I'd bet. There were
      some rather slavish imitations, the Tower of Geburah or something, was
      one title.
      I think Jane Yolen has mentioned CSL, too. But most of her formative
      influences were earlier.

      On Mar 14, 2005, at 9:55 AM, mythsoc@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 04:50:37 -0000
      > From: "billie_knght" <billie_knght@...>
      > Subject: Help Please!
      >

      > I am doing a thesis on C.S. Lewis and his influence on todays authors
      > of children's fantasy. Does anyone know of authors who have been
      > quoted as saying they were influenced by him? I keep reading he has
      > influenced many but I'm having a hard time finding out who exactly.
      >
      > Thanks for any help.

      David Lenander
      d-lena@...
      2095 Hamline Ave. N.