Re: [mythsoc] Baptism in Charles Williams

  • Mary Kay Kare
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2000
      ERATRIANO@... wrote:

      > In a message dated 04/03/2000 4:27:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      > johannakershaw@... writes:
      >
      > << Williams has become
      > one of my favourite authors.
      > Now, if I could only get hold of them to buy... >>
      > It's been years, but I'd read a number of his books, and I've bought some new
      > and some used. If they weren't packed away I'd look at the publisher info.
      > I'd be surprised if they were out of print in the U.K. Actually I liked the
      > Arthurian poems better than the novels, and some books way more than others.
      > And I definitely needed C.S. Lewis' reading guide to get through the poems.
      > :-) I would check like Christian type book catalogs. ??

      Someone on one of my other lists found them in the bookstore at the National
      Cathedral--so church type bookstores might be good places to check as well. Uh,
      Charles Williams books that is.

      MK
    • Ted Sherman
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2000
        You can probably get Williams's novels from Eerdmans publishers. The URL is
        http://www.eerdmans.com Their site isn't yet up and running, so you can contact
        them via the information below.

        Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.
        255 Jefferson Ave. SE
        Grand Rapids, MI 49503

        Phone: (800) 253-7521 or (616) 459-4591
        Fax: (616) 459-6540
        E-mail: info@...

        Yours,

        Ted
        --
        Dr. Theodore James Sherman, Editor
        Mythopoeic Literature
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3, 2000
          > You can probably get Williams's novels from Eerdmans publishers.
          > The URL is
          > http://www.eerdmans.com Their site isn't yet up and running, so
          > you can contact
          > them via the information below.
          >
          > Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.
          > 255 Jefferson Ave. SE
          > Grand Rapids, MI 49503
          >
          > Phone: (800) 253-7521 or (616) 459-4591
          > Fax: (616) 459-6540
          > E-mail: info@...

          I just checked and the Eerdmans editions are also available through
          Amazon.com, which the Mythopoeic Society Web page is linked to as an
          associate.

          Matt