Re: [mythsoc] Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell

  • Margaret Dean
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2005
      Mary Kay wrote:

      > >>I found the treatment of both magic and Faerie in the book to be
      > >>intensely interesting.
      >
      > Indeed, I wish it hadn't been so obliquely treated in some ways. I'd
      > like to know a lot more about John Uskglass.

      So would I but, OTOH, in a way I think that's part of the point.
      That more (or more factual) knowledge of him would be beside the
      point. Or something. Like those very faint stars that you can
      only see clearly if you don't look at them straight on.

      Am I making any sense at all?

      --Margaret Dean
      <margdean@...>