Re: [mythsoc] Baptism in Charles Williams

  • ERATRIANO@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2000
      In a message dated 04/03/2000 4:27:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      johannakershaw@... writes:

      << Williams has become
      one of my favourite authors.
      Now, if I could only get hold of them to buy... >>
      It's been years, but I'd read a number of his books, and I've bought some new
      and some used. If they weren't packed away I'd look at the publisher info.
      I'd be surprised if they were out of print in the U.K. Actually I liked the
      Arthurian poems better than the novels, and some books way more than others.
      And I definitely needed C.S. Lewis' reading guide to get through the poems.
      :-) I would check like Christian type book catalogs. ??

      Lizzie
    • Stolzi@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2000
        In a message dated 4/3/00 3:53:05 PM Central Daylight Time, d-lena@...
        writes:

        > Johanna Kershaw wrote:
        >
        > > I think it was Descent into Hell - if that’s the one with the two dead
        > girls
        > > and the magician Simon.
        >
        > No--that's _All Hallows' Eve_, I'm pretty sure.

        Then the baptism is probably in ALL HALLOWS' EVE. It's the daughter of the
        nasty rich woman who is mixed up with Simon - the Baptism was done by her
        nurse w/o the family's knowledge.

        Williams' titles are as bad as those of Shakespearean comedies for
        remembering/identifying the work in question.

        Mary S