Re: [mythsoc] Baptism in Charles Williams

  • David Lenander
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3 1:51 PM
      Johanna Kershaw wrote:

      > I think it was Descent into Hell - if thatÂ’s the one with the two dead girls
      > and the magician Simon.

      No--that's _All Hallows' Eve_, I'm pretty sure. _Descent Into Hell_ is the one
      in which they're putting on a play, and there're doppelgangers.
    • Mary Kay Kare
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3 2:20 PM
        ERATRIANO@... wrote:

        > In a message dated 04/03/2000 4:27:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
        > johannakershaw@... writes:
        >
        > << Williams has become
        > one of my favourite authors.
        > Now, if I could only get hold of them to buy... >>
        > It's been years, but I'd read a number of his books, and I've bought some new
        > and some used. If they weren't packed away I'd look at the publisher info.
        > I'd be surprised if they were out of print in the U.K. Actually I liked the
        > Arthurian poems better than the novels, and some books way more than others.
        > And I definitely needed C.S. Lewis' reading guide to get through the poems.
        > :-) I would check like Christian type book catalogs. ??

        Someone on one of my other lists found them in the bookstore at the National
        Cathedral--so church type bookstores might be good places to check as well. Uh,
        Charles Williams books that is.

        MK
      • Ted Sherman
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3 2:21 PM
          You can probably get Williams's novels from Eerdmans publishers. The URL is
          http://www.eerdmans.com Their site isn't yet up and running, so you can contact
          them via the information below.

          Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.
          255 Jefferson Ave. SE
          Grand Rapids, MI 49503

          Phone: (800) 253-7521 or (616) 459-4591
          Fax: (616) 459-6540
          E-mail: info@...

          Yours,

          Ted
          --
          Dr. Theodore James Sherman, Editor
          Mythopoeic Literature
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3 2:29 PM
            > You can probably get Williams's novels from Eerdmans publishers.
            > The URL is
            > http://www.eerdmans.com Their site isn't yet up and running, so
            > you can contact
            > them via the information below.
            >
            > Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.
            > 255 Jefferson Ave. SE
            > Grand Rapids, MI 49503
            >
            > Phone: (800) 253-7521 or (616) 459-4591
            > Fax: (616) 459-6540
            > E-mail: info@...

            I just checked and the Eerdmans editions are also available through
            Amazon.com, which the Mythopoeic Society Web page is linked to as an
            associate.

            Matt