Baptism in Charles Williams

  • Johanna Kershaw
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3 1:22 PM
      Stolzi wrote:

      >Lizzie, in one of certified Inkling Charles Williams' novels you will find
      >(non-fiery) scene in which a Baptism does exactly that: comes to life at a
      >critical moment. Now... which novel is it? Help, other listies!

      I think it was Descent into Hell - if that�s the one with the two dead girls
      and the magician Simon.
      After hearing a lot about Charles Williams, I finally managed to track down
      his books in my university library - I think he may be out of print at least
      in the UK as I have never seen anything by him anywhere else. But after a
      friend of mine described his novels as being �like CS Lewis on acid� I
      decided that they were definetly worth searching for. Williams has become
      one of my favourite authors.
      Now, if I could only get hold of them to buy...

      Jo.