Re: [mythsoc] Opinions of Holdstock's Rhyhope Wood series?

  • Cary Curphy
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2005
      I've read and greatly enjoyed books 1-3 (Mythago Wood, Lavondyss, & The Hollowing), but have not yet gotten to books 4 & 5 (Merlin's Wood & Gate of Ivory, Gate of Horn) due to the great difficulty of finding a copy of Merlin's Wood.
      Holdstock is IMHO most definately an author who belongs in the discussions of this forum.
      I've read some of his standalone works, and didn't find them nearly as entrancing as the Mythago Wood cycle, and am looking forward to his latest series - the Merlin Codex.
      See his offical site at http://robertholdstock.com/ for details of his works...

      Cary

      jack@... wrote:
      I read Mythago Wood -- a definite classic in the mythopoeic literature field --
      and found it quite good. I also read Merlin's Wood, a riff off the Ryhope Wood series,
      and found it quite worth reading. I am now reading the second novel, Lavondyss, and
      finding it to be equally interesting. Anyone read the whole series?

      test'; ">