Re: [mythsoc] If we want people to feel the books are beneficial, shouldn't we seem the better for them?

  • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2005
      Um, we won't go into my action figure collection (LotR, Babylon5, Star
      Wars, and Yellow Submarine) which is taking over the tops of bookcases
      (we never put books up there (too high and dusty)) and the top of my
      living room couch (again a bad place for books, they fall off). The
      bookcases are already crammed with books. The DVD shelves are crammed
      with DVDs (mostly SF&F, science and Disney). <g>

      Oh, I also helped form the LotR-Costume list, just because I love the
      thought of finally making something sometime. In my non-existent spare time.

      But I usually don't let that much of that show in this list.

      Great fantasy usually comes in books. But fun stuff comes from all over
      the place. And we should try to keep it in proportion and remember to
      have fun.

      Currently, I'm just glad that the next Harry Potter movie did some
      filming at Oxford. I can drag the boys there and Little Harold won't be
      too annoyed. See New College before it shows up on the screen. And a
      side trip the Eagle and the Child!

      Lisa, who spends way too much money in the bookstore and the toy store
      (Amazon loves me.)