Re: [mythsoc] on the trail of the Succarath

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 6:24 PM
      "Megatherium," of course, is simply Latinized Greek for

      "Big Animal." :)

      Mary S
    • Steve Schaper
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1 7:45 PM
        At 11:47 AM -0500 4/1/00, Stolzi@... wrote:

        >The trouble with manatees is that they live exclusively in the water, not on
        >land at all, and the trouble with marsupials is that the animal is described
        >as carrying its young =on its tail= (which I find rather unlikely), not in a
        >pouch.

        Cept that it said that they crawl up the tail and ride on the back,
        just like baby opossums in NA, when they are too large for the pouch.

        Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
        sschaper@...
        members.delphi.com/sschaper/web/sschaper.html