Re: [mythsoc] loyalty oath

  • Paul Labaki
    Message 1 of 45 , Mar 4, 2005
      I have to agree on the issue of discussing the Jackson movies versus JRRT's work. Though visually interesting, the movies are an abomination of the plot, text, spirit and meaning of the text. I don't even find Jackson's final product much better than average as a movie. Average as a movie is a pretty low standard as hollywood productions go. I'd gladly do without any further movie talk.

      "Carl F. Hostetter" <Aelfwine@...> wrote:
      On Mar 2, 2005, at 8:52 PM, Paul Labaki wrote:

      > surely you understood my meaning in my original post.

      I did indeed, but I nonetheless disagree with it. This is not a
      general-purpose list. Instead, it focusses on mythopoeic literature.
      Therefore, I don't view a prospect of being deluged with new
      participants that a) want to talk about the movie, not the book; and/or
      b) have never read the book, as promising "enrichment" with respect to
      the purposes of _this_ list.

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • Beth Russell
      Message 45 of 45 , Mar 9, 2005