Moving Right along!

  • Bonnie Callahan
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2005
      Good points, David! This Lit Vs. Flick debate has sorta taken over. I
      think I hit a
      nerve with my Mythprint review and the followup.

      I've been reading Pratchett. Even met him at Worldcon, which happened to
      be in
      Arwen's "Beantown" last September. Delightful satirical takes on theology,

      Santa Claus as Hogfather, etc. Delightful fellow as well. Neil gaiman was
      so
      approachable at Mythcon. I hear he loved our venue (small, made him
      accessible
      to numbers of fen he cd. handle) whereas at Worldcon he had autograph
      lines
      that looked as if they'd provide him with major carpal tunnel syndrome.

      Hip Hip Hooray for the Mythsoc & its economies of scale!

      Of course the Narnia flix will monopolize our airwaves (electron streams?)
      in the
      coming years. Ugh, Disney. Their overexposure of Pooh via "branding" is an
      atrocity!

      Bonnie