Re: [mythsoc] on the trail of the Succarath

  • Eleanor Farrell
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1 7:54 AM
      Mary wrote:

      >Here's some of the Succarath/Megatherium story, a translation or paraphrase
      >of the highlights. Be very aware that the whole story dates back to 1898;
      >still, it is fascinating. I have a few comments of my own in [ ]
      (etc.)

      Then there's the Megatherium Trust, in which Norman Urquhart unwisely
      invested Philip Boyes' money -- leading to the latter's demise and Harriet
      Vane's arrest for his murder [_Strong Poison_ by Dorothy L. Sayers]. The
      rest, of course, is literary history...... and even Inklings-related!!

      Ellie

      Eleanor M. Farrell
      Editor, Mythprint
      P.O. Box 320486
      San Francisco, CA 94132-0486
      E-mail: emfarrell@...

      Mythprint: Mythopoeic Society newsletter