Beyond RE: [mythsoc] Re: Question about the ROTK extended

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
      No, Jim, that is what is happening in RPGs.

      Is it happening in the literature also? Maybe there is a similar division
      of the market. I am so behind in my reading that I can't really make any
      observations about the current state of the genre. There is something
      funny going on, though, with all the witchy TV shows and even cartoons.
      That kind of spume irks me more than the LOTR movies do... at least the
      movies were undertaken as a great and serious work. The sitcoms and WINXes
      and their like are just... just... words fail me.

      I would be glad to share my Welsh cakes, if I ever get them made. Course,
      that shows that I am not really Welsh. They are like hobbits over
      mushrooms with those things.

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
      www.lizziewriter.com
      www.danburymineralogicalsociety.org

    • Debra Murphy
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
        Friends, my most recent Godspy.com piece just went up on the site
        (http://www.godspy.com near the top in the right-hand column). It's
        called "Wrestling with the Angel of Strangeness: Mel Gibson's _The
        Pssion_, One Year Later." I thought you all might enjoy reading it,
        since I was largely inspired by Tolkien's concepts, referenced in the
        article, of the "arresting strangeness" of Faery, and the Gospel as
        the-Myth-which-became-Reality.

        Debra Murphy
        www.debramurphy.com
        www.themysteryofthings.com
        Idyllist.blogspot.com

        Signup at www.doteasy.com
      • dianejoy@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
          Would love a recipe. Are they true Welsh cakes if you don't use raisins or
          currants? ---djb

          No, Jim, that is what is happening in RPGs.

          Is it happening in the literature also? Maybe there is a similar division
          of the market. I am so behind in my reading that I can't really make any
          observations about the current state of the genre. There is something
          funny going on, though, with all the witchy TV shows and even cartoons.
          That kind of spume irks me more than the LOTR movies do... at least the
          movies were undertaken as a great and serious work. The sitcoms and WINXes
          and their like are just... just... words fail me.

          I would be glad to share my Welsh cakes, if I ever get them made. Course,
          that shows that I am not really Welsh. They are like hobbits over
          mushrooms with those things.

          Elizabeth Apgar Triano
          lizziewriter@...
          amor vincit omnia