Re: Question about the ROTK extended

  • karlstar2
    Message 1 of 124 , Mar 1, 2005
      Most people I know who've seen the film read the books long ago. I
      read the first 1 and 1/2 books to my kids before the first film to get
      them ready, the older one continued on and read them all, the younger
      one has not yet.

      On a related topic, does anyone else think that a lot of modern
      fantasy is taking the easy way out, with overly powerful characters,
      too much attention to irrelevant detail, and overly convoluted plots?
    • Carnimiriel Isilraen
      Message 124 of 124 , Mar 9, 2005
        Alisson Veldhuis wrote: (responding to my post about my novel in progress)

        > I can sympathise with your struggles to
        >try to create your very own fantasy/mythological world, without copying that of others, since I myself am working on a novel now with a mythological theme. It is very enjoyable, but difficult. I too have only had close family member's read it, so it is hard to get objective views.

        Thank you for your comments! I hope your novel is going well. I'd be
        interested to hear about your novel. Feel free to respond off list if
        you don't want to post about it here.

        Ellen