Re: Galadriel, NOT

  • karlstar2
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
      Last time I followed a doll link I got in trouble, so I'll pass on
      this one!

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth Apgar Triano"
      <lizziewriter@e...> wrote:

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15953&item=5561807412

      > Don't look, David, Carl, Grace, or other purists. You will really
      scream.
      > Anyone else, this is a custom Galadriel Barbie on a Breyer Percheron
      horse
      > with "long flowing mane and tail" and a castle in the background. I got
      > the link from a hobbyist group, and I like the use of scale, but the
      > execution makes me ill. Still, for those who want to watch the Tolkien
      > trickle-down effect, have a gander.
      >
      > Lizzie the pest
      >
      > Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      > lizziewriter@e...
      > amor vincit omnia
      > www.lizziewriter.com
      > www.danburymineralogicalsociety.org
    • Katie Glick
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
        Lizzie wrote:

        <<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15953&item=5561807412

        ... this is a custom Galadriel Barbie on a Breyer Percheron horse
        with "long flowing mane and tail" and a castle in the background. >>>

        That? Made my day. I think it was the "long flowing mane and tail" on
        the horse that got me. How does a horse manage to gallop around with
        that? I would think he would trip all the time. Very dangerous for
        fighting orcs and whatnot (hey, if Galadriel rides a horse, I am sure
        she fights orcs too). That would be a devil to keep clean, too.
        Especially since the horse is white.The end of the mane would probably
        be all scraggly and muddy after a day of bearing Galadriel barbie all
        over Lothlorien.

        :)

        -kt