Galadriel, NOT

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1 4:51 AM
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15953&item=5561807412

      Don't look, David, Carl, Grace, or other purists. You will really scream.
      Anyone else, this is a custom Galadriel Barbie on a Breyer Percheron horse
      with "long flowing mane and tail" and a castle in the background. I got
      the link from a hobbyist group, and I like the use of scale, but the
      execution makes me ill. Still, for those who want to watch the Tolkien
      trickle-down effect, have a gander.

      Lizzie the pest

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
      www.lizziewriter.com
      www.danburymineralogicalsociety.org
    • karlstar2
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1 7:02 AM
        Last time I followed a doll link I got in trouble, so I'll pass on
        this one!

        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth Apgar Triano"
        <lizziewriter@e...> wrote:

        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15953&item=5561807412

        > Don't look, David, Carl, Grace, or other purists. You will really
        scream.
        > Anyone else, this is a custom Galadriel Barbie on a Breyer Percheron
        horse
        > with "long flowing mane and tail" and a castle in the background. I got
        > the link from a hobbyist group, and I like the use of scale, but the
        > execution makes me ill. Still, for those who want to watch the Tolkien
        > trickle-down effect, have a gander.
        >
        > Lizzie the pest
        >
        > Elizabeth Apgar Triano
        > lizziewriter@e...
        > amor vincit omnia
        > www.lizziewriter.com
        > www.danburymineralogicalsociety.org
      • Katie Glick
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1 10:47 AM
          Lizzie wrote:

          <<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15953&item=5561807412

          ... this is a custom Galadriel Barbie on a Breyer Percheron horse
          with "long flowing mane and tail" and a castle in the background. >>>

          That? Made my day. I think it was the "long flowing mane and tail" on
          the horse that got me. How does a horse manage to gallop around with
          that? I would think he would trip all the time. Very dangerous for
          fighting orcs and whatnot (hey, if Galadriel rides a horse, I am sure
          she fights orcs too). That would be a devil to keep clean, too.
          Especially since the horse is white.The end of the mane would probably
          be all scraggly and muddy after a day of bearing Galadriel barbie all
          over Lothlorien.

          :)

          -kt