Re: [mythsoc] Question about the ROTK extended

  • Caryn Sobel
    Message 1 of 124 , Feb 27, 2005
      Janet:

      <Some of the essays in _Tolkien on Film_ do that for selected
      sections of the book (for example, my essay examines the differences
      between the book and film for the Mines of Moria sequence and a few
      other briefer passages, and a couple of the essays do the same for the
      Arwen-Aragorn relationship), so that would be a place to start. >

      Thanks, Janet. I need to order my copy. At first I thought that the book was
      solely about the differences, but after reading some conversations here, I
      see there's more to it than that. I'm looking forward to reading _Tolkien on
      Film_.

      Well, here's to the familiar juggling of the budget to get another
      "necessary" book!

      Caryn
    • Carnimiriel Isilraen
      Message 124 of 124 , Mar 9, 2005
        Alisson Veldhuis wrote: (responding to my post about my novel in progress)

        > I can sympathise with your struggles to
        >try to create your very own fantasy/mythological world, without copying that of others, since I myself am working on a novel now with a mythological theme. It is very enjoyable, but difficult. I too have only had close family member's read it, so it is hard to get objective views.

        Thank you for your comments! I hope your novel is going well. I'd be
        interested to hear about your novel. Feel free to respond off list if
        you don't want to post about it here.

        Ellen