GWTW, TKAM and Tolkien's unpublished poem Re: [mythsoc] Re: Digest Number 1818

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2005
      Read GWTW the book, must have liked it since I read it all. ;-) Years
      ago. The movie was too long, always broken up over several nights, and I
      guess I wasn't impressed, but some bits were funny.

      TKAM was on the high school reading list of nasty, depressing works, along
      with Catcher in the Rye. Not my ticket at all. Didn't like All Quiet on
      the Western Front either.

      But my real Struwwelpeter (after someone on this list who is permanently
      traumatized by that work) is the story ... is it The Red Pony? some bloody
      tragedy that happens to a cold. Really really horrid.

      I want to see that Arthurian Tolkien poem though. Guess I better keep
      reading posts.

      Lizzie
      likes her rose-colored glasses!

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano