RE: [mythsoc] Question about the ROTK extended -- a left turn off topic

  • Beth Russell
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 25, 2005
      From: Walkermonk@... [mailto:Walkermonk@...]
      Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 3:03 PM
      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Question about the ROTK extended -- a left turn
      off topic

      In a message dated 2/25/2005 2:40:23 PM Central Standard Time,
      russells@... writes:
      You catches mo' flies wif honey than you does with vinegar.
      --

      >When I asked her a non-toxic way to catch and kill an invasion of fruit

      >flies, she told me to use vinegar, which she uses in her work. She said
      it >works
      >better than sweet sticky stuff. She was correct. Within days, the
      problem >was
      >gone.

      An interesting possibility!! But surely we don't actually want to kill
      off these particular flies?

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Croft, Janet B.
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 28, 2005
        Continuing off topic -- I've found cheap red wine works even better than
        vinegar, especially in one of those blown-glass fly traps where they fly
        up through a hole in the bottom and can't get back out.

        Janet
        russells@... writes:
        You catches mo' flies wif honey than you does with vinegar.
        --

        Actually, my younger sister, a trained biologist from the Ohio State
        University and the animal and bird trainer with the Nashville Zoo, says
        invasion of fruit flies, she told me to use vinegar, which she uses in
        her work. She said it works better than sweet sticky stuff. She was
        correct. Within days, the problem was gone.

        Off topic entirely,

        Grace Monk

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/DtIolB/TM

        Links
      • Mike Foster
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 28, 2005
          Janet,
          And they die happy. A more merciful doom than vinegar. Good for you.

          Mike

          Croft, Janet B. wrote:

          >Continuing off topic -- I've found cheap red wine works even better than
          >vinegar, especially in one of those blown-glass fly traps where they fly
          >up through a hole in the bottom and can't get back out.
          >

          >Janet

        • Croft, Janet B.
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 28, 2005
            And it might work better on those other flies Beth is trying to catch,
            too...

            Croft, Janet B. wrote:

            >Continuing off topic -- I've found cheap red wine works even better
            >than vinegar, especially in one of those blown-glass fly traps where
            >they fly up through a hole in the bottom and can't get back out.
            >

            >Janet

            http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/DtIolB/TM

            Links