Re: [mythsoc] Question about the ROTK extended -- a left turn off topic

  • Walkermonk@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 25, 2005
      In a message dated 2/25/2005 2:40:23 PM Central Standard Time,
      russells@... writes:
      You catches mo' flies wif honey than you does with vinegar.
      --

      Actually, my younger sister, a trained biologist from the Ohio State
      University and the animal and bird trainer with the Nashville Zoo, says this isn't

      Off topic entirely,

      Grace Monk

    • Beth Russell
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 25, 2005
        russells@... writes:
        You catches mo' flies wif honey than you does with vinegar.
        --

        >When I asked her a non-toxic way to catch and kill an invasion of fruit

        >flies, she told me to use vinegar, which she uses in her work. She said
        it >works
        >better than sweet sticky stuff. She was correct. Within days, the
        problem >was
        >gone.

        An interesting possibility!! But surely we don't actually want to kill
        off these particular flies?

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Croft, Janet B.
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 28, 2005
          Continuing off topic -- I've found cheap red wine works even better than
          vinegar, especially in one of those blown-glass fly traps where they fly
          up through a hole in the bottom and can't get back out.

          Janet
          russells@... writes:
          You catches mo' flies wif honey than you does with vinegar.
          --

          Actually, my younger sister, a trained biologist from the Ohio State
          University and the animal and bird trainer with the Nashville Zoo, says
          this isn't true. When I asked her a non-toxic way to catch and kill an
          invasion of fruit flies, she told me to use vinegar, which she uses in
          her work. She said it works better than sweet sticky stuff. She was
          correct. Within days, the problem was gone.

          Off topic entirely,

          Grace Monk

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/DtIolB/TM

          Links
        • Mike Foster
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 28, 2005
            Janet,
            And they die happy. A more merciful doom than vinegar. Good for you.

            Mike

            Croft, Janet B. wrote:

            >Continuing off topic -- I've found cheap red wine works even better than
            >vinegar, especially in one of those blown-glass fly traps where they fly
            >up through a hole in the bottom and can't get back out.
            >

            >Janet

          • Croft, Janet B.
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 28, 2005
              And it might work better on those other flies Beth is trying to catch,
              too...

              Croft, Janet B. wrote:

              >Continuing off topic -- I've found cheap red wine works even better
              >than vinegar, especially in one of those blown-glass fly traps where
              >they fly up through a hole in the bottom and can't get back out.
              >

              >Janet

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/DtIolB/TM

              Links