Re: [mythsoc] Alan Lee

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 24, 2005
      At 10:08 AM 2/24/2005 -0800, JDR wrote:

      >Yes, that's him. John Howe was the gent with the long black beard. Lee said
      >in his talk here in Seattle that he actually appears in the film as an extra
      >at the Battle of Helm's Deep, having been recruited to represent the sort of
      >hopeless broken-down old fellow they've been forced to rely on in their
      >desperation.

      Who is the "he" who appears in the film, Lee or Howe?
    • Rateliff, John
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 24, 2005
        This one got buried a bit by the deluge; sorry for the delay in response.

        --JDR

      • Rateliff, John
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 24, 2005
          Sorry for the imprecision in antecedents: Lee said he appears in the film himself in that scene. He mentioned that someone else from behind the scenes does as well, but I can't remember now if it was Howe or someone else.
          --JDR