Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 255

  • Kim
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2000
      At 09:41 AM 3/29/00 +0000, you wrote:

      >Message: 2
      > Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 20:06:17
      > From: "Joan Marie Verba" <verba001@...>
      >Subject: FWD: Scheduled maintenance

      And here is why:

      The following message has appeared on the Merger list:

      As many of you surmised, this Saturday is in fact D-day for
      the site integration. If all goes well, we'll have all of the eGroups
      data merged into the system you now see at www.onelist.com by late
      afternoon. We'll scrub off the ONElist logo (sob), change the URL to
      www.egroups.com and the deed will be done. Then we can really get
      started implementing some of the 1500 site improvements that have
      been suggested here and welcomed by our engineering group.

      Miscellaneous details:

      * I've been told that there are no feature enhancements or changes in
      this release, aside from the integration of the eGroups data;
      * The www.onelist.com URL will redirect to www.egroups.com after the
      integration;
      * A special page linked to the www.egroups.com home page will contain
      a summary of changes for egroups moderators not accustomed to the new
      interface;
      * Messages sent to old group names at onelist.com that were changed
      because of conflicts with existing groups at egroups will be
      redirected to the correct new group name after the integration.
      * If a member has accounts with ONElist and eGroups using exactly the
      same primary email address, all of the groups they subscribed to (on
      either service) will appear on their My Groups page on the integrated
      service. Also, that member should use their ONElist password when
      logging into the integrated service;
      * If a member has accounts with ONElist and eGroups using different
      primary email addresses, they'll have two accounts on the integrated
      service (one for each address). They should use the appropriate
      password to log into each account. We will soon implement a tool
      allowing those users to combine their accounts and groups on the
      integrated service but that tool will not be available immediately;