Re: [mythsoc] on the trail of the Succarath

  • David S. Bratman
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 30, 2000
      My Spanish is not that great, but here's a stab at a translation of
      Wendell's quoted paragraph:

      In v. 1, p. 285-286 of the above-mentioned work (published by Lamas,
      Buenos Aires, 1873), among the wild beasts of Patagonia, is listed among
      others the following: "In the confines of the province of Rio de la
      Plata, towards Patagonia, is a very fierce animal called Su, or according
      to others Succarath, and it mostly hangs around the riverbanks."

      David Bratman