Emma Says -- Phouka Pop Star

  • jack@greenmanreview.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 22, 2005
      Originally I'd visualized him as a lot like Prince, yep. But as I wrote him, he became more his own self. Now in my head he doesn't look like anyone I know except, well, him. (This has happened with other characters in other books. Theo in Bone Dance was based on a real person, but he morphed, too. Nobody you know.)

      Prince was, in general, an influence on the fey style in the book--how would the Seelie Court look and dress if they were walking around the mortal world, hiding in plain sight? Well, kinda like Prince...

      Best,
      Emma
    • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 26, 2005
        Thanks, Jack !

        I have GOT to read these books.

        Isn't that how characters usually work, though? We start out with a firm
        idea, but they grow on their own. Kind of like any other children.

        Lizzie and
        various selkies
        and
        other shape-changers

        Elizabeth Apgar Triano
        lizziewriter@...
        amor vincit omnia
        www.lizziewriter.com
        www.danburymineralogicalsociety.org

      • jack@greenmanreview.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 27, 2005
          * Thanks, Jack !
          *
          * I have GOT to read these books.
          *
          * Isn't that how characters usually work, though? We start out with a firm
          * idea, but they grow on their own. Kind of like any other children.

          It's a great novel.

          Interestly enough, they made a short film with some scenes from the novel. It was
          intended to raise interest in a backer financing a full filming, but it never was to
          be. The pooka in tha footage is a very handsome black male who bears no resemblence
          at all to Prince!