RE: [mythsoc] Question about the ROTK extended

    Message 1 of 124 , Feb 22, 2005
      Caryn Sobel asked,

      >Has anyone written a book or article that explains
      >where the book and movies are different from each other?

      And Janet Croft replied,

      >There's probably a website that does this.

      Well, there's this:

      <http://www.tolkienonline.com/movies/changes_index.cfm>

      which never even finished finalizing the list of changes in the first film,
      and for the other two consists of information taken from trailers,
      interviews, rumors, etc., and which can't think of anything to criticize
      about most changes except to say that they're counter-textual, but as far
      as it goes is pretty clear and legible to readers who know neither book nor
      film.

      David Bratman
    • Carnimiriel Isilraen
      Message 124 of 124 , Mar 9, 2005
        Alisson Veldhuis wrote: (responding to my post about my novel in progress)

        > I can sympathise with your struggles to
        >try to create your very own fantasy/mythological world, without copying that of others, since I myself am working on a novel now with a mythological theme. It is very enjoyable, but difficult. I too have only had close family member's read it, so it is hard to get objective views.

        Thank you for your comments! I hope your novel is going well. I'd be
        interested to hear about your novel. Feel free to respond off list if
        you don't want to post about it here.

        Ellen