Re: [mythsoc] on the trail of the Succarath

  • ERATRIANO@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2000
      I'm offline this morning, but if the Argentinian page is the same one that
      came up for me earlier, it was Spanish I think and my S.Am. friend speaks
      Portuguese (or was it the other way around?)(love this internet sometimes!)
      and it was about fossils.... had to do with the ground sloth. I'll have a
      peek later. Thanks.

      My copy of Ranger Rick with the mythical animal article is like a Brigadoon
      mag... it pops up and disappears, regularly. I don't know where it gets to.
      But the author of that article had to get their (his/her) information
      SOMEwhere. For those who care about these things, the Gorgon of that article
      was the buffalo-like one, not the Medusa one. And the Unicorn had the stag's
      head and elephant feet.

      Lizzie
    • Edward F. Stack
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 30, 2000
        It pretty much says that in Book 1, on those pages of that edition, they
        found some information, among others, about a creature in Patagonia,
        according to the people there, a savage beast called Su, which lives near
        the rivers.

        It isn't a first-hnd account, but the report of a report. You need to see
        the original text, the one they cite.

        That is my cut, but I wouldn't charge a translation fee for it.

        Edward Stack
        Speculative Fiction for the Web (Winner of the PlanetDoom "Cool Site Award")
        http://members.tripod.com/edward.stack
        Author of "Ily's Dream", available at www.roxybooks.com or Barnes and Noble
        (www.BN.com).