Fwd: question about a book

  • Matthew Winslow
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2000
      Does Victoria's question (below) ring any bells? It sounds vaguely familiar to
      me, but isn't producing any 'eureka!' responses.

      (and for you nitpickers, yes, Victoria knows I'm forwarding this to the list.)

      matt

      ----- Forwarded message from vtobin@... -----

      > From: vtobin@...
      > To: mwinslow@...
      > Subject: question about a book
      >
      > Matthew,
      > I was searching on the Web and came across your e-mail address. I was hoping
      > you could help me find a book - it is a young adult fantasy book - I read it
      > when I was in junior high so it probably came out in the early eighties (?)
      > - but for the life of me I cannot remember the title.
      >
      > The storyline goes something like this: two boys get into trouble at school
      > for fighting with each other, they are sent to the principal's office for
      > punishment. The principal, who is not a principal after all but a wizard,
      > sends them on a journey in another land to find three (?) things so they can
      > prevent evil from being let loose.
      >
      > The story involves a big (as a house) grey wolf, little green golems, a cook
      > who screams/sings so loud that the two are "blown" away and ...? I can't
      > remember much more.
      >
      > I have combed bookstore after bookstore and many libraries. I don't remember
      > any part of the title - I just really want to find this book.
      >
      > If you know of any resources I could contact, I would be most appreciative.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Victoria Tobin
      > vtobin@...

      ----- End forwarded message -----

      "A perfectly healthy sentence is extremely rare."
      --Henry David Thoreau
      Currently reading: Legend: The Genesis of Civilisation by David Rohl