RE: [mythsoc] Question about the ROTK extended

  • jack@greenmanreview.com
    Message 1 of 124 , Feb 20, 2005
      War for the Oaks by Emma Bull. I could be mistaken, since it's years
      since I read this one, but I'm pretty sure one of the main characters
      turns out to be a pooka. He appears in human form and becomes the
      heroine's love interest; this is an urban fantasy take on the pooka
      legend.

      See http://www.greenmanreview.com/war_for_the_oaks.html
    • Carnimiriel Isilraen
      Message 124 of 124 , Mar 9, 2005
        Alisson Veldhuis wrote: (responding to my post about my novel in progress)

        > I can sympathise with your struggles to
        >try to create your very own fantasy/mythological world, without copying that of others, since I myself am working on a novel now with a mythological theme. It is very enjoyable, but difficult. I too have only had close family member's read it, so it is hard to get objective views.

        Thank you for your comments! I hope your novel is going well. I'd be
        interested to hear about your novel. Feel free to respond off list if
        you don't want to post about it here.

        Ellen