My very first review

  • Edward F. Stack
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2000
      I can't remember if we can share our reviews on this list, but it is my
      first, so forgive me. It is at Midnight Scribe,
      http://geocities.com/midnightscribe/SciFuture2.html

      It goes a little like this:

      Name: "Ily's Dream"
      Author of book: Edward Stack
      Author website URL: http://members.tripod.com/edward.stack
      Genre: Epic Fantasy
      Publisher: www.roxybooks.com
      Publishing date: 1999
      ISBN number: 1-92912-082-6
      Reviewed by: Keith Dartt for Midnight Scribe ***** Five stars

      Ily: Thief? High Priestess? Wizard? Warrior? Waif? The answer will determine
      the fate of a world, a kingdom, and a girl."
      Ily is a lost soul looking for stability in her life. She encounters the
      possibility of finding her place in the world, only to have her faith in it
      tested again and again. Ultimately, it's the faith in herself that helps to
      establish this goal.
      The story has a strong mixture of dungeon exploring, court intrigue and
      heroic battles, as well as self-discovery of the main characters.

      I highly recommend this book; the characters are well developed and the
      setting lets you live in the world that Edward Stack has so artistically
      painted for the senses. Magic is not the main focus of the book, but a
      dabbling here and there adds to the overall feeling of the story. Well
      balanced. I give "Ily's Dream" 5 stars *****

      Thanks for letting me share, and sorry if I wasn't supposed to.

      Edward Stack
      Speculative Fiction for the Web (Winner of the PlanetDoom "Cool Site Award")
      http://members.tripod.com/edward.stack
      Author of "Ily's Dream", available at www.roxybooks.com or Barnes and Noble
      (www.BN.com).