conference/concert update re: "Past Watchful Dragons"

  • Amy H. Sturgis
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2005
      Hello everyone!

      Just a quick update re: the "'Past Watchful Dragons': Fantasy and Faith in the World of C.S. Lewis" conference on November 3-5, 2005, at Belmont University in Nashville, TN. Just added to the list of events is the Nashville Symphony's performance of Howard Shore's The Lord of the Rings Symphony, a musical journey into the realm of Middle-Earth that calls to the stage more than 200 musicians and vocalists, including the Nashville Symphony Chorus, and a multimedia tribute to the Lord of the Rings film trilogy. This performance will take place at Belmont's Curb Event Center on Saturday night at the conclusion of the conference.

      Other key events, beyond each day's scholarly panels and presentations, include Thursday night's dinner with and keynote address by Doug Gresham (stepson of C.S. Lewis and consultant to the forthcoming The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe film), Friday night's performance of "An Evening with C.S. Lewis" by British actor and President of Rising Image Productions David Payne, and Saturday afternoon's The Inconsolable Secret concert by literary progressive rock band Glass Hammer. For more on these events, visit http://www.belmont.edu/cslewis. More details, including conference registration information, will be available very shortly. Paper abstract submissions are currently solicited at the website and accepted through May 1, 2005.

      Thanks!

      Amy H. Sturgis, Conference Director

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Amy H. Sturgis, Ph.D.
      Interdisciplinary Studies
      Belmont University
      sturgisa@...
      http://home.mindspring.com/~ahsturgis/
      "I look East, West, North, South, and I do
      not see Sauron, but I see that Saruman has
      many descendants. We Hobbits have
      against them no magic weapons. Yet, my
      gentlehobbits, I give you this toast: To the
      Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans
      and see spring again in the trees."
      -J.R.R. Tolkien, from a 1958 speech