LORD OF THE RINGS PRODUCTION REPORT

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25, 2000
      LORD OF THE RINGS PRODUCTION REPORT

      Yet another on set spy report of Peter Jackson's Lord of the
      Rings production has turned up online. Xoanan over at
      TheOneRing.net, checked in with word from one of his
      tipsters about the current status of the production. Here's
      what was provided:

      Peter Jackson is now at the Hayward Hills, which you know
      is currently housing the Helms Deep set. All other filming
      has been halted for a full 7 days, while some serious stuff
      takes place at Helms.

      Ian McKellen (Gandalf) is currently at Helms filming some of
      the great battle scenes.

      ALL of the LOTR cast are currently at Helms (hence PJ's
      presence) with the exception of Cate Blanchett (Galadriel)
      Marton Csokas (Celeborn) and Hugo Weaving (Elrond).

      The filming of the Minas Tirith will begin in November.

      Speaking of Hugo Weaving (Elrond), I managed to get some
      news on what he'll look like, he wears a Mithril Tiara and
      quite frankly, looks amazing.

      *Joan Marie Verba verba001@...*
      *Mythopoeic Press Secretary, Mythopoeic Society *
      *List Administrator for DocEx, Mythsoc, MNSCBWI *
      * and MNSCREENW lists *
      *http://www.sff.net/people/Joan.Marie.Verba *
    • Eleanor Farrell
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 26, 2000
        From Joan's post of the latest LOTR film report:

        >Speaking of Hugo Weaving (Elrond), I managed to get some
        >news on what he'll look like, he wears a Mithril Tiara and
        >quite frankly, looks amazing.

        I can confirm that Hugo Weaving would look great in a tiara -- his drag
        ensembles in _The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert_ were
        something to behold. I particularly liked the frock made of rubber zoris,
        with matching earrings.

        Ellie

        Eleanor M. Farrell
        Editor, Mythprint
        P.O. Box 320486
        San Francisco, CA 94132-0486
        E-mail: emfarrell@...

        Mythprint: Mythopoeic Society newsletter
      • Steve Schaper
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 26, 2000
          At 8:37 AM -0800 3/26/00, Eleanor Farrell wrote:
          >From: Eleanor Farrell <emfarrell@...>
          >
          >From Joan's post of the latest LOTR film report:
          >
          >>Speaking of Hugo Weaving (Elrond), I managed to get some
          >>news on what he'll look like, he wears a Mithril Tiara and
          >>quite frankly, looks amazing.
          >
          >I can confirm that Hugo Weaving would look great in a tiara -- his drag
          >ensembles in _The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert_ were
          >something to behold. I particularly liked the frock made of rubber zoris,
          >with matching earrings.
          >
          >Ellie

          <trepidation> What sort of movie are they making here? </trepidation>

          Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
          sschaper@...
          members.delphi.com/sschaper/web/sschaper.html