Book of the Three Dragons

  • Douglas A. Anderson
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 7, 2005
      David wrote:

      > Yes, another of Doug Anderson's many projects. I'd not heard of this
      before finding it in the bookstore a week ago. I bought a copy, too.

      Thanks, David. You might be interested to know that an illustrated Dutch
      translation of The Fates of the Princes of Dyfed appeared late last year.
      It has 55 illustrations by Yolanda Eveleens. Here's the URL:

      http://www.theosofie.net/literatuur/vorstenvandyfed.html

      Doug A.
    • Rateliff, John
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 7, 2005
        Hmm. I seem to be luckier than most, since I picked up a copy a month or two ago (at Borders, I think). Very much looking forward to reading it. I've delayed so far because I know that once I'm done there will be no more Morris left for me to read; re-reading will have to do.
        If anyone needs more encouragement to read it than (a) it was written by Morris and (b) it was edited by Doug, here's my plug, taken from an on-line piece I wrote about it the book:

        'Book of the Three Dragons is perhaps the single best fantasy adaptation from a real-world mythology (in this case, the Welsh Mabinogion), and the best of his tales (e.g., "The Saint and the Forest-Gods", "The Last Adventure of Don Quixote", and perhaps "Red-Peach-Blossom Inlet") are among the finest fantasy short stories ever written.'

        http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/main/classicsbook3dragons

        > ----------

      • Anne Petty
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 12, 2005
          If you look on the last page of _The Book of the Three Dragons_,
          you'll see the Cold Spring Press Fiction listing. Right below
          _Lud-in-the-Mist_ you'll see the title _Thin Line Between_. That's my
          new novel. *toots own horn softly*

          Cheers,
          Anne Petty
          acp@...

          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas A. Anderson" <nodens@l...> wrote:

          > It's the first in a series of fantasy classics that I'm editing for Cold
          > Spring Press. I was very pleased to see that book finally published
          >
          > Among the others lined up for summer and fall is an anthology I'm
          editing,
          > Seekers of Dreams, and a reissue of The Marvellous Land of Snergs by
          E. A.