Re: SV: [mythsoc] 2000 MYTHOPOEIC FANTASY AWARDS

  • Eleanor Farrell
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 25, 2000
      >From: "Steve Savile" <sms3390@...>
      >
      >Just wondering, as I am too new to the list to know otherwise, but was
      >Christopher Golden's STRANGEWOOD looked at for the Mythpoeic Award? I know
      >it's packaged as horror by Signet, but it was a tremendously well done
      >look at what might happen as the result of Cristopher Robin growing up and
      >forgetting all about the wonders of Hundred Acre Wood. Its full of magic
      >and reminded me a lot of Jonathan Carroll's beautiful LAND OF LAUGHS...
      >
      >Well, shutting up now :)

      When was this published? As current awards administrator and a past
      committee member, I can tell you that it wasn't on any recent lists. Our
      mantra: if you think a book worthy of the award, nominate it! Don't count
      on someone else doing this -- we are not inundated with nominations.

      (And, although I personally loved Gregory Maguire's _Wicked_ and am sorry
      it did not do better, the book WAS nominated for the Mythopoeic Award in
      1997.)

      Ellie

      ***********************************
      Eleanor M. Farrell
      Mythopoeic Awards Administrator
      E-mail: emfarrell@...
      P.O. Box 320486
      San Francisco, CA 94132-0486
      MythSoc web site: http://www.mythsoc.org

      ***********************************
    • Stolzi@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 25, 2000
        In a message dated 3/25/00 10:41:01 AM Central Standard Time,
        emfarrell@... writes:

        > (And, although I personally loved Gregory Maguire's _Wicked_ and am sorry
        > it did not do better, the book WAS nominated for the Mythopoeic Award in
        > 1997.)

        My mistake. I guess I remembered its not being on the short list? I may not
        even have been on the committee yet. I think (still under correction) that I
        was disappointed it did not make it back in its paperback year.