Fw: Tolkien College Newspaper Article

  • Edith.Crowe@sjsu.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2005
      Anyone interested in being an interviewee for this enterprising young
      journalist--particulary those of you who've taught or taken college
      courses on Tolkien?

      Edith L. Crowe
      Art & Humanities Librarian & Coordinator of Graduate Instruction
      San Jose State University Library
      http://www.sjlibrary.org
      (408) 808-2037 | edith.crowe@...

      Corresponding Secretary of the Mythopoeic Society
      http://www.mythsoc.org
      ----- Forwarded by Edith Crowe/SJSU on 01/18/2005 01:40 PM -----

      Colin McEvoy <casablanca5202@...>
      01/18/2005 12:34 PM

      edith.crowe@...
      cc
      Colin McEvoy <casablanca5202@...>
      Subject
      Tolkien College Newspaper Article

      Hello Ms. Crowe, my name is Colin McEvoy, and I am the editor-in-chief for
      the Stroud Courier, the student newspaper of East Stroudsburg University
      in East Stroudsburg, PA. This semester, my school is offering a Tolkien
      class for the first time, in which it will explore the works of the writer
      and the roots of medieval literature in his writing. I am writing an
      article for the newspaper about the class, about the recent incrase in the
      amount of Tolkien classes offerred around the country and world, and about
      what students can hope to gain from such classes. I would be interested in
      interviewing via email someone from the Mythopoeic Society for any
      insights they would have to offer for the article. Is there someone in
      particular that I could send questions to? Please let me know as soon as
      possible and I will send questions right away.

      Thank you!

      Colin McEvoy
      casablanca5202@...