Re: [mythsoc] New Tolkien Boxed Set

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 10, 2005
      At 07:07 AM 1/9/2005 +0000, Blake Adams wrote:

      >I've been lurking ever since I resubscribed last year, but I came
      >across something on Amazon that I wanted to get some info on to see
      >if it would be worth getting. It's the not-yet-released "J.R.R.
      >Tolkien Companion" 2-volume set by Wayne G. Hammond and Christina
      >Scull. From the editorial previews it looks like it will have a lot
      >of interesting info in it, but I wanted to know what better-informed
      >people have to say about it.

      It's going to be a major scholarly resource in its areas of coverage.

      If you've seen _Roverandom_, _J.R.R. Tolkien, Artist & Illustrator_, or the
      50th anniversary edition of _Farmer Giles of Ham_, all easy to find, you'll
      know the kind of detailed and meticulous work these scholars do.

      David Bratman