Inklings inquiry

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2005
      Not quite sure why I got this, but I received an e-mail which began,

      "Hello I am doing a project on the study of the Inklings and stumbled on a
      web sight for the Mythopoeic society. First let me say i would like to join
      that group and wonder with out pay pay how i can from the US ?"

      Setting aside my first thought, which was that the writer wanted to join
      the Inklings, I realized that what was meant was to join the MythSoc and
      that "pay pay" meant "PayPal."

      So I wrote back directing him to the PDF file linked to from the "Join the
      Society" page, but it does occur to me that this link may be a little
      obscurely presented for some people, and that others to whom PDFs and
      Acrobat are a mystery might appreciate the same information in HTML.

      Just a thought,

      David Bratman