Re: [mythsoc] Obsessed fan scam

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2005

      > I actually exchanged some e-mails with one of these folks in her
      "Victoria
      > Bitter" fanfic persona. I thought then and think now that she's a
      genuinely
      > talented writer; unfortunately, talent is no guarantee of sanity. I
      hope she
      > gets help and gets her life back on track, for everybody's sake --
      including
      > mine, because I want her to keep writing!
      >
      > Susan

      "Talent is no guarantee of sanity." There but for the grace of God go we,
      or perhaps we linger and look with morbid curiosity into the depths, or
      imagine that we are so talented in the first place.

      Thanks for the anecdote, Susan, it reminds us how real this strange,
      strange world is.

      Lizzie

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...